Monday, August 29, 2016

Why our vampire hero hates Lestat... 8/29/16

It is I, Jonathon ben Macabi, also known as Tomas de Macabea. Either one is fundamental and an essential part of my nature. You regulars, my night-friends know that. I'll bet you don't realize how much genuine knowledge of la ciencia vampirismo you've picked up. I speak not of paperback lies sold in drug stores but actual truth. I never fool you, or pander to your more prurient nature. That's why this 'thing' vexes me so.

Franklin has killed. The old reprobate is not without style. But we'll speak of that next time. This concerns a cheap entertainment... a baroque burlesque of la vida vampirido, meant for stenographers, cat ladies and frustrated deletantes. Excuse my ignorance of the French language, as  a proud Spaniard (although domiciled in many lands over the years) I see it as a mere echo of our own noble tongue.

The SyFy station is running Interview With The Vampire tonight. I'm watching it now and the woman who writes the books from whence he comes is not without a facile talent. Yet any cretin... even the most noxious vampiric ghoul of Carpathia knows it for what it is... a lavish 'guess'... a 'what if'... based on Byronic lies and too much absinthe.

Lestat is a rat... a loathsome, talking rat. He's a bed bug, feigning intelligence and a twisted spirituality... Jim Morrison as an amoral killer, devoid of purpose and will power. Is that the fabrication you crave? Take it, if you want. Have it. Suck on it like a lolly-pop.... It's not what I 'sell.'

My God! Can you imagine how hard it was for me to share this?... They wanted to seal me in lead... They wanted 'Papa' to banish me... send me to the Corona of the Sun... But I convinced them. I told them you'd never accept it as anything but fiction... Remember the first line? How blatant it was... 'First of all we must agree that what comes next is fiction.'   That made it right. And so the tale went out... Indeed, it continues to spin out... spider silk for intelligent flies.

One night, we too will have a cinematic face. One night you will see....

'Lestat'... a candy- dandy meant for yearning children... a 'noxious' vampire with a good tailor....

When I stumble on fiends like him (there are a few) I destroy them... and they laugh and giggle like little girls as they die...

Rant's over. Eat a cookie...

<more next time>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

click TRUTH ... to see all of Vampire Wonderland... subscribe to our RSS feed...
click WHISPERS ... to join me on Twitter...
please comment. thank you...

No comments: