Friday, September 9, 2016

Tears For Fears - "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"..ESPECIALLY A BITTER VAMPIRE.. 9/8/16 - ORIGINAL VIDEO



FRANKLIN TALKS -----

For over three hundred years, I've been the national innovator around here. I created the idea of an American City... a BIG university... a MODERN hospital... precision refractive lenses. Yes, I know the Chinese and certain MesoAmerican civilizations take credit for that, but who the hell do you think perfected it? They may have been Leif Erikson but I was Cristobal Colon. Nobody called him 'Christopher Columbus' when he was around. I hope you know that.

And I sat in that fetid, sweaty, Old Pennsylvania State House all summer, hammering out The Constitution, a document almost Biblical in its literary purity. But did those pseudo-aristocratic, ridiculously wigged, pretentiously accented, conceited bastards, so much as offer me ANY official position. Look, you know history. You know what happened. I don't have to tell you. That's why I 'died.' That's why I disappeared. Postmaster General doesn't mean shit. But you're gonna see me go 'postal' now.

Vampire blood gives me a new clarity. If you want it, there it is. Go and get it. But you better grab it 'cause it's going fast. I love that song. Sure, I'm not quoting it correctly, but, boy, do I get the idea.

You know where I  am now? In The Annex, an early addendum to The Anti-Enchantment Bureau compound built in the Pocono Mountains in case the Brits found and burned the nascent original during The War of 1812. Thank God they did not. But thank God (well, all right, maybe not God) for The Annex. It's where we did, shall I say, certain questionable scientific investigations... inoculation therapy in the early days, trying out vaccines on recalcitrant slaves and prisoners and doxy-girls... Oh, some lived.... 'some.' Others died. A few went blind. A few went crazy. A few went both..... DON'T look at me like that! ... Do you intellectual infants really think the George Washingtons and Thomas Jeffersons and Andrew Hamiltons were all so honky dory? Hamilton was the most interesting one though. He did deserve that stage show...(sigh).. God, I'd like a stage show. I'd like a lot of things... and now, I'm going to get them.

You see, what we're doing here is creating and training our cadre of vampire assassins. Read the last two posts. You'll figure it out. They have to look natural. They have to represent all physical types and racial varieties. We're going to insinuate them into many different places... get them close to the throne. And that's not so hard to do. Political sex scandals are legion. That's why young beauties work best... all manner of young beauties. Soon they'll be vampires. Till then, we groom them and educate them ... good bodies... good minds. Rush and de la Vega and French think I need them. They think I need their money. What I need is to keep an eye on them, because they're trying the same thing. Look, they're watching me too. But I'll win. You see, I want to rule the world. All they want is the world's money. I want it all. Oh, once I get what I want I do plan to be a rather benign dictator... Maybe throw a few 'virgins' into volcanoes, but only a few. Individual polities will still be able to retain their most beloved programs... health care in Canada.... bull fights in Mexico.... oligarchs in Russia... tango dancing in Argentina.... snails in France... yadda yadda yadda. I'll be an immortal Marcus Aurelius, the good emperor of Rome. In fact, we've already kidnapped him and brought him here from THE HERMETIC ORDER OF THE GOLDEN DAWN house he lives in, in London.  Trouble is, he's immortal too... Not a vampire. He's had some 'work' done. I'm just not sure what it is. For now, he's my tutor.

I'm not sure how I'll use the other Philadelphia vampires... (chuckles)... Sounds like the name of a questionable sports team. Doesn't it?... And in my empire, the Eagles win the Super Bowl every year..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... I'm just kidding... sort of.

Great galleons will sail the stars. Magnetic trains will glide 'tween continents via antiseptically clean subterranean tunnels. The blind will see. The deaf will hear. The flatulent will stop farting..

I joke. I make light. But this is real. I will have my day, or night, as it is now....

You think they can stop me? Maybe you do. What difference does it make to me what you think?

I dealt with resurrection men, body snatchers, in London from seventeen fifty five to seventeen seventy five. Poisoned adversaries in Britain and America. Brought three dogs and a monkey back from the dead.
Dissolved a common law wife you never heard of in acid...

So what... Who cares?

Artists are mercurial beings...

Get used to it.

<more next time>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

click ACID ... to see it all on Vampire Wonderland...
click THE CONVERSATION ... to join me and a lot of wonderful people on Twitter...
please leave a comment. thank you.
It's 1:20AM here in the Grand Duchy of Philadelphia. I'm done early!

Back to Twitter...


 

No comments: