Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A NEW VAMPIRE REALITY --- The Age Of Independent Actors.. 7/26/16

More from the all powerful ancient life-eater known as 'Papa.'

Before I was imprisoned beneath Rome (sometime in the tenth or eleventh century) I traveled the Silk Road with a caravan out of Isfahan. My companions, being Persians, fancied themselves poets and bards. We traded tales 'round the fires of caravanserais all across the heartland of the world. Did they know of my strange affliction?... After a fashion... Some knew. Others fancied me a jinn. I cured disease and told the future. They wrapped me up in an old elephant hide during the day and hoisted me over the hump of a quarrelsome dromedary ... not a particularly comfortable way to travel, but I've suffered worse. At  least at night, when they unwrapped me, I saw the stars. If you've never seen them in the pure, dark, clarity of the endless steppes, you know not the greatness of The Universe and the glories of Creation. Odd how less advanced societies, though respectful of the firmament, took it in stride, while modern folk, when faced with that site cry and look away... How horribly vast it is. ... How diamond-bright... the cache of ten thousand Sinbads strewn across Heaven's Dome like so many seeds. In a sense, that's what they are, for each is a sun and often the source of life to biological entities clinging to their dancing children.

Apparently there are many such dancers.

At times we veered to the south, arcing down and under the 'Roof of The World,' as the Himalayas were called, to trade with the rich lamaseries of Tibet. I saw all manner of jade... all manner of ivory, some pieces carved from the bones of dead monks and wonders to baffle the most learned men of Christendom. There was a golden top that never ceased spinning and a long lived songbird, warbling away in a tongue known to the priest-kings of Dilmun... I saw Xanthura, last of the Scythian unicorns...

But the greatest wonder was a silent gentlemen with vulpine eyes... fox's eyes with vertical pupils... A telepath you might call him... To me, he was my friend... my brother from another star. We spoke mind to mind. Few mortals can do that. I relished the experience...

Come back tomorrow. I'll tell you more...

<till next time>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

click CINNIBAR ... so see all fabled episodes of Vampire Wonderland...
click UNICORN ... to join me on Twitter...
please comment. kindly tell others we are here. thank you.

 

No comments: